- research one of three professions related to electricity;
- write a story about performing this job; and
- share their ideas with their classmates.
Focus on one of the following professions — lightning researcher, scientist specializing in electricity in space, or a lineman.
- Next, each student will choose one profession. Each student’s task is to learn about the profession and write a story as if they worked in that field.
- Give students time in class to work on their stories. They may use the following Web sites as starting points for their research:
- As you work on their stories, make sure you include the following:
- an individual worker’s tasks
- safety precautions
- high points of the profession
- You should be as creative as possible. Use details about the profession to make your writing exciting, or suspenseful.
- Monday, I will ask volunteers to share your stories.